[adaptivetec] JAWS 10 and Selecting Text

  • From: "Lana Lee" <ratandox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 10:47:39 -0800

Hi All,
I need some help. I have been having this problem since I downloaded JAWS 10
and hope you can help. When I am writing in Word and want to correct something
I have just written, the following happents.

If I select the text by using Control, shift, and the left arrow key to select
what I have just written, JAWS will immediately announce what I have for the
entire line, not just what I have selected. If I do the shift, Insert, and down
arrow, it correctly announces what I have highlighted, but I cannot figure out
why it is not telling me automatically. Is there a setting I need to adjust in
verbosity on this? It is annoying and I am making errors in my editing because
of this.
Thanks  for any help you can give,.
Lana