[accmemberdiscussion] update on status of SB18 MSN

  • From: Theresa M Cook <southnmist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ALPet-Law <alpet-law@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ACC <accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:31:46 -0500

Spoke with Senator Marsh's assistant Hilda today.  Hilda said Marsh wanted to
file in Calhoun County only, but he received "encouragement" (funds?  If so,
from whom?) to file it for the state.  I asked why it didn't show on the
pre-filed bills section of ALISON and she said it was b/c the committee hadn't
met and it hadn't been assigned a number yet (so how do we know it's SB18?  a/o
this morning, SB 1-17 ARE listed on ALISON).

Hilda also said the best way to stay current on the bill was to "watch that
spay site."  I asked her which site but she didn't know it offhand.  Am
guessing it's the www.spayneuterlaw.com site but she said she would get her
Spay Neuter file and call me back.  She also said Marsh may not move it again
(like last year) but that she didn't know for sure.

Theresa
RAOAL Responsible Animal Owners of Alabama
The video HSUS wants to hide!
~~~If you can't stand BEHIND our troops...feel free to stand in FRONT of
them!!! ~~~

Bing brings you health info from trusted sources.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=pet+allergy&form=MHEINA&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TXT_MHEINA_Health_Health_PetAllergy_1x1