[accmemberdiscussion] Spay/Neuter HSUS Update & Call for Action

  • From: Djsdosido@xxxxxxx
  • To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:45:38 EST

If you haven't already, please contact our Alabama senators and your
specific Representative regarding this.  I received responses from the  offices
of both Senator Shelby and Senator Sessions.  Senator Shelby's  office even
sent a copy of the letter he sent to the IRS's National Director for
Legislative Affairs.  Contacting them will only take a few minutes of your
time.
You may find their contact information at the link on the ACC web  site.

Thanks!
Donna

SPAY & NEUTER UPDATE AND CALL FOR FOLLOW-UP  ACTION

The IRS Tax Fraud Office in Fresno, CA  has now received over 3,200
letters from concerned citizens from  all 50 states - - over 1,100 were
documented by certified mail.  This is extraordinary because the IRS has
probably never  before received 100 requests about a single public
charity, let  alone more than 3,200.  Additionally, the Tax Fraud  Offices
in Fresno CA and Washington DC are now in possession of  more than 400
pages of documents that "document" that the HSUS  has engaged in over
2,000 distinctly different lobbying  activities over the last five years.
These documents clearly  suggest that the HSUS has engaged in "too
much lobbying,"  which could result  in the  IRS  revoking  tax-exempt,
public
charity  status of  the HSUS, and assessing back tack taxes, penalties
and interest  on the more than One Half of a Billion Dollars in revenue
that  the HSUS received in  the last  five years.  That could amount  to
Tens of Millions of Dollars that the HSUS would have to pay  to the IRS!
It is not too late for more letters to be sent to  the IRS - - each extra
letter increases the pressure on the IRS  to begin an audit NOW!

"Thousands of concerned  citizens from all 50 states are asking the IRS
to audit the  Lobbying Activities of the HSUS" is an impressive "sound
bite"  that may best be used in asking your Members of Congress to  also
make inquiries to the IRS about the HSUS.  A number of  you have already
sent E-Mails to your Members of Congress, and  many have received
"boilerplate" non-responsive responses that  were "ghost written" by
Staffers who are unaware of the  "National Outcry" for an IRS audit of
the HSUS.  That is  why the time is now right for those of you who have
already sent  an E-Mail to your Members of Congress, and for those of you
who  have not done so, to consider either E-Mailing or FAXING  the
following short letter to your Respective Members of  Congress.  Since it
highlights that many of the 3,200+  letters came from (your state), this
will be a red flag that  will be brought to the attention of the Members
of Congress by  their Chiefs of Staffs - - that  is what  typically
happens when they believe 10 or more of their  constituents took the time
to write.  That is why the  following letter should be E-Mailed or FAXED
to your respective  Members of Congress.

"The IRS Tax Fraud Office  in Fresno, CA has received over 400 documents
that substantiate  more than 2,000 distinctly different lobbying
activities of the  Humane Society of the U.S (HSUS).; and has received
over 3,200  individual letters from concerned citizens in all 50 States
who  are requesting that the IRS audit the alleged excessive  and
under-reported Lobbying Activities of the Humane Society of  the U.S., as
well as its tax-exempt, public charity status. Many  of those requests
came from our State.   I support  those requests.  Please let me know
when the IRS will begin  its audit of the lobbying activities of the
Humane Society of  the U.S."  (This last sentence makes it harder for  a
non-responsive, "boilerplate"  response.)

To those who may question whether  contacting your respective Members of
Congress will really make  a difference, I wish to share part of a
response received by a  breeder from her U.S. Representative:  "I
directed my staff  to contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and have
them  respond directly to your concerns, since that agency is tasked  with
assigning tax-exempt status to organizations.  Additionally, I have
requested the IRS to provide a copy  of that response to my office for
review.  In the meantime,  you can be sure that I will remember your
perspective should  related legislation come before Congress."
Yes, thousands of  letters and follow up communications with your Members
of  Congress can and will make a difference, and could cause the HSUS  to
be led to the "IRS  SLAUGHTERHOUSE!"

Donna &  the Dosido Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Every year of dog love is worth seven  years of the human stuff. (Michael
Rosen)
visit me at _www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com_
(http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com/)
Help  support the Alabama Canine Coalition: shop and search through
_http://www.goodsearch.com_ (http://goodsearch.com/)  and
_http://www.igive.com_
(http://www.igive.com/)