[accmemberdiscussion] Cass Sunstein confirmed [1 Attachment]

  • From: Theresa M Cook <southnmist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Legal Samoyed <legal_samoyed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ALPet-Law <alpet-law@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ACC <accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GAPet-law <gapet-law@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:55:56 -0500

From another list...   =(

Theresa
RAOAL Responsible Animal Owners of Alabama
The video HSUS wants to hide!
~~~If you can't stand BEHIND our troops...feel free to stand in FRONT of
them!!! ~~~

[Attachment(s) from Caren included below]

This just came from a national organization I belong to.

DATE:           Wednesday, September 09, 2009

RE:             Senate votes to confirm Cass Sunstein

The U.S. Senate just voted to confirm Cass Sunstein as the Administrator of the
Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) for the Obama
Administration.  The vote to invoke cloture and confirm the nomination passed
63 to 35.  As the Administration’s “Regulatory Czar” he will be responsible for
approving all of the rules and regulations coming out of the Federal agencies.
Attached is a copy of a letter he sent to Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Georgia)
discussing his position on animal rights.  This is the letter that led to Sen.
Chambliss withdrawing his hold on the nomination.  Also attached is a letter
from the American Farm Bureau Federation urging Senators to vote for
confirmation.

<<Sunstein Letter to CSC_071509.pdf>>

Dear Sen. :

Earlier this year, the Senate received the nomination of Cass Sunstein to serve
as administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA)
within the Office of Management and Budget.  This office plays a vital role in
determining the final disposition of regulations, in particular environmental
and natural resource proposals that have a direct impact on the agricultural
community.  Accordingly, Farm Bureau has a strong interest in the individual
that will fill the role of administrator of that office.

Like others in the agricultural community, we were concerned about reports
related to Mr. Sunstein's views on animal rights and the impact that could
occur should such views be reflected in federal regulations.

  We have, however, had the opportunity to discuss this subject in person with
Mr. Sunstein.  He has been candid, forthright and very open about how he views
his role in OIRA.  He has shared his perspective on the issues in question and
stressed that he would not use his position to undermine federal law or further
policies inconsistent with congressional directives.

Based on our discussions with Mr. Sunstein, Farm Bureau has no objection to his
confirmation to the position of administrator of OIRA and we hope the Senate
can take up this nomination in the near future and that all senators will vote
to confirm him to this post.

Sincerely,

Bob Stallman

President

American Farm Bureau Federation

Caren Cowan
Executive Director
New Mexico Cattle Growers' Association
POB 7517
Albuquerque NM 87194
505.247.0584 phone
505.842.1766 fax
nmcga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.nmagriculture.org

Just imagine what we could do if we turned all the bullets outward...

Attachment(s)1 of 1 File(s)

Sunstein Letter to CSC_071509.pdf