[accmemberdiscussion] Re: AL: Gardendale passes BSL

  • From: Theresa M Cook <southnmist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ACC <accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:21:28 -0600

Hi Murray!

I didn't see a dangerous dog ordinance either, but I did see the proposal to
ban dogs from three city parks (your comments make total sense on the Tot Lot!
Ick! LOL).  If anyone is interested:

http://www.mtnbrook.org/25d61628-6655-41f0-ad91-5d7fc6b053fc.aspx
http://tinyurl.com/yzxd6pv

The Mountain Brook Parks Board has recommended to the Mountain Brook City
Council that dogs should be banned from the following City parks:
                    -    Overton Park
                    -    Crestline Tot Lot
                    -    Canterbury Triangle Park
The Mountain Brook City Council would like to obtain your comments regarding
this proposed ban on dogs in these three parks.

Please send your comments to:
                    Sam Gaston
                    City Manager
By Mail:        56 Church Street
                    Mountain Brook, AL  35213
Email:         gastons@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:       802-3803
All comments received by the City Manager will be presented to the Mayor and
City Council.

For what it's worth, maybe someone should contact Mr. Smith and ask him to get
his facts straight...

Theresa
HSUS helping Haitian pets?  Don't fall for it!  HSUS just wants your money!
http://tinyurl.com/y9outqn
RAOAL Responsible Animal Owners of Alabama
The video HSUS wants to hide!
~~~If you can't stand BEHIND our troops...feel free to stand in FRONT of
them!!! ~~~

Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:43:36 -0600
Subject: [accmemberdiscussion] Re: AL: Gardendale passes BSL
From: murraybjohnston@xxxxxxxxx
To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This article mentions Mt. Brook as having a dangerous dog ordinance
- just to keep things clear -
the only dog ordinance in Mt.Brook that I can find is one to keep dogs out of a
certain small park - a "Tot Lot" - due to feces possibly putting the tots, who
like puppies put everything in their mouth, at a health risk.
the only penalties are monetary ones for repeats of offenses -

there are no "dangerous dog" ordinances to my knowledge.

Respectfully,
Murray Johnston
Mt.Brook,AL

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390710/direct/01/