[AI] Re: Enquiry about medical transcription....

  • From: Mayavan Gopalakrishnan <gopalakrishnan_vip@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:52:55 +0000 (GMT)

INFORMATION SHEET

            The National Institute for the Visually
Handicapped, Regional
Centre, 522 TrunkRoad, Poonamallee, Chennai - 6000
056, invites applications
from eligible blind candidates from Southern states
for admission to a new
and Challenging Course of Vocational Training.

            Particulars of the course including the
procedure of making an
application are set forth below:--

A.     Title:  Training Course in Medical
Transcription for the Blind

B.     Duration:  Upto 6 months

C.     Course Inputs:

D.       1.  Rules of Capitalisation

E.      2.  Punctuation and Grammar (English)

F.      3.  Familiarity with English spoken in
American accent

G.     4.  Knowledge of different anatomical systems

H.     5.  Familiarity with names of different drugs
and medicines

I.        6.  Listening comprehension

J.       7.  use of computers

K.    8.  use of voice files

D.     Eligibility Requirements:

E.      A.  Should have passed 10 , +2 with at least
50% marks in aggregate
and 55% or more marks in English.

F.      B.  Knowledge of typewriting/basic computer
operation (desirable)

E.      Age:  18-40 years

F.  Facilities for Selected Candidates:  Free board
and lodging and pocket
money of Rs.60/- per head per month

F.      How to Apply:  Candidates need to apply for
admission to the course
on the prescribed form available from the Centre, on
request.  Duly filled
up and completed forms need to be forwarded to the
Centre at the address
given above.

H.  Selection:  Candidates fulfilling required
qualifications would be
called to the Centre for a written test and interview.
Candidates securing
the highest marks at the said test and interview will
be selected for
admission.

M. Gopalakrishnan