[accesscomp] Fw: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Friday, March 4

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 07:33:18 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Blind Bargains Daily Deals
To: Daily Deals
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 6:35 AM
Subject: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Friday, March 4

BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Friday, March 4

It's time to recap the latest deals and news posted to Blind Bargains. Feel
free to forward this message to your friends.

Got a suggestion, comment, or bargain request? Email bargains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In this issue:

  a.. 1. New Victor Reader Stream at $103.50 on eBay
  b.. 2. Today's ClassifiedsPacMate BX440 with 40 cell braille display and
Executive Products Case $3500 or reasonalbe offer
  Valley View Farm books for Children Series
  Help for Writers
  Adapt On demand. Help when you need it most.
  KNFB Mobile Reader on Nokia N86 with Talks

  c.. 3. Most Popular Recent DealsClinical Research Study Recruitment
  Blind individuals with no light perception needed.
  A local doctor is conducting research to evaluate a new investigational
treatment for insomnia and daytime sleepiness in individuals who are totally
blind.
  Individuals may qualify who:
  * are between 18 and 75 years of age
  * are blind with no light perception
  * have trouble sleeping at night or experience daytime sleepiness
  Participants will be compensated for their time and effort and will receive
study medication and study-related medical evaluation at no cost.
  For more information Call 1-888-389-7033
  M-F 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET or visit their website
  1. New Victor Reader Stream at $103.50 on eBay
  An eBay seller has listed a new Victor Reader Stream with a current bid of
$103.50. With about $15 for shipping, that's about a third of the cost of a new
unit from a dealer, though those would include a warranty and the $49 software
upgrade which this one likely doesn't have. Auction ends March 6.

  2. Today's Classifieds
  Here are the latest classifieds posted to Blind Bargains. You can submit your
own ad to thousands of potential users for only $5.

  PacMate BX440 with 40 cell braille display and Executive Products Case $3500
or reasonalbe offer

  I have a PacMate BX 4400 for sale in good condition. The reason for sale is
that other devices now take over the tasks it once performed and it is no
longer being used. PacMate is a portable notetaker with the ability to connect
to and synchronise with a PC. It comes with FSEdit: (an advanced
wordprocessor), Calendar, Internet, Email and MSN Messenger as well as
Microsoft Excel for all your budgeting requirements, a media player and a
calculator if you are anything like me and don't trust your mental arithmetic!
It has a 40 cell braille display that can detach from the PacMate for use with
a PC via a USB connection. Even though the display is no longer connected to
the Pacmate, the PM can still act as a notetaker with voice output only while
the display is connected to your computer. The PacMate synchronises very nicely
with Microsoft Outlook for email and the calendar and also with documents and
Excel Spreadsheets allowing you to work on the run and access the same material
in the office on your return. No aditional software is required. The advantage
of the PacMate over other devices on the market is that you can download third
party applications in order to perform additional tasks not readily available
out of the box. You might wish to have the option of using your PacMate to read
bar codes on products you have purchased. There is also a website devoted to
accessible games for the PacMate. Freedom Scientific have also developed an
application so that your PacMate can act as a remote for a number of devices
through its infrared port. No more wondering which remote you need and which
buttons to press. You can extend the PacMate's functionality by purchasing
compact flash cards for bluetooth or wireless support, or to transform your
PacMate into a mobile phone for sending text messages. A good website to browse
if you're wanting to learn about accessible software and hardware for the
PacMate is: www.pacmategear.com PacMate has a competitive battery life and I
have included the Executive Products Case that I purchased separately which
makes it easier to carry over the shoulder and usable on the run. The case
contains slots for compact flash cards and cables and I have also included some
compact flash cards for extra storage. This PacMate can be upgraded to PacMate
Omni by contacting your distributor. Asking price: $3500 or nearest reasonable
offer
  Contact: jordina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Valley View Farm books for Children Series

  Three Wonderful books for children ages 5-12, by Brian K. Nash: HENRIETTA OF
VALLEY VIEW FARM, MIDNIGHT TO THE RESCUE, and CHRISTMAS ON VALLEY VIEW FARM are
available in accessible e-book and print formats. In these lively adventure
stories, various villains are vanquished by bravery and friendship. Children
learn the value of honesty, courage and kindness. Details about the author and
the books, plus buying links: http://www.dvorkin.com/brianknash/
  Contact: Contac the author Brian K Nash directly at bknash@xxxxxxxxx

  Help for Writers

  Expert proofreading and editing services from Leonore H. Dvorkin. I am a
published author of both fiction and nonfiction and have edited six books for
other people, including three books for children by the blind author Brian K.
Nash. Fee: $20 per hour. My husband, David Dvorkin, formats manuscripts for
e-book publication and provides cover designs. For details, plus links to Brian
Nash's page and our e-book publishing page, please see www.leonoredvorkin.com
  Contact: leonore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Adapt On demand. Help when you need it most.

  Having computer problems? Contact Adapt on Demand LLC "Assistance is an
E-mail away" E-mail: adapt@xxxxxxxxx or Phone: 816-200-1064 any time A partial
list of services would include consulting, help with IPhone or Victor Stream,
web site evaluation, purchasing advice, computer training, spyware removal, and
hardware and software support by phone or E-mail on the honor system at $20 per
incident. If your concerns aren't resolved you will not be charged. The goal is
to help people first.
  Contact: adapt@xxxxxxxxx 816-200-1064

  KNFB Mobile Reader on Nokia N86 with Talks

  I'm trying to sell my KNFB Mobile Reader because I don't have any need for
it. It's in excellent condition, used briefly with all the cables, CD materials
and User Guide in the original box. Everything is preinstalled and ready to use
on Nokia N86 with Talks color indigo. I would like to sell this Nokia cell
phone and software package for 1,695. Although I’m willing to negotiate the
price. If you are interested in purchasing this device please contact me by
e-mail or by phone listed below. This item is also posted on Amazon and Ebay.
  Contact: You can contact me via e-mail: newton_r@xxxxxxx or Mobile: 760
315-1162
  These ads were submitted by users and Blind Bargains is not responsible for
their content.
  3. Most Popular Recent Deals
  Here are the top five posts to Blind Bargains as of the time of this
newsletter.

  Code Factory Releases Mobile Accessibility for Android Phones
  Audio: The Haptica Braille Watch
  Nuance Releases Talks 5.20 for Symbian Phones
  Western Digital Elements 2TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive for $85.99
Shipped
  New Intel Readers for $899 Shipped, Two for $799 Each Shipped

  If you received this message from someone else and want to subscribe
yourself, visit This link to sign up.

  We respect your privacy. To unsubscribe, use the link below. or Email
dailydeals-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Send by A T Guys, LLC, 514 Wheaton
Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.