[accesscomp] FW: FW: Accessing Accessible World audio Community rooms with the iphone

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tek-talk-discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 10:54:57 -0700

Robert Acosta, President
Helping Hands for the Blind
(818) 998-0044
www.helpinghands4theblind.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Clyde Foley [mailto:techsupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:15 AM
To: Robert Acosta; 'John Gassman'; TC Tech Support
Subject: Re: FW: Accessing Accessible World audio Community rooms with the
iphone

John/Bob

There are couple of tutorials here that will help:
http://talkingcommunities.com/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?category=30.

When the iPhone/iPAD app was originally introduced guests had to
manually launch the app and then provide the server id, room id, user
name and password (if a password was required) to enter rooms. Today you
can continue to use this approach BUT there is a much better approach
and it is this way we strongly suggest individuals use - mostly because
the user does not need to know the server ID and room id. It has been
this way for quite some time. The app does not , and never has, had any
moderator capability. Entering a room using the non-moderator (user) or
moderator password ends up with exactly the same capabilities - that of
a non-moderator. Therefore, to protect moderator passwords you should
carefully consider why you would you would disclose a moderator password
to an individual using a iPhone/iPAD. The steps are:
1) Download the app from the Apple Store - first time only or to upgrade
the app
2) Open the Web Room Login page and click on the Link to Enter the Room
3) Provide the user name and , if required, the password
4) Click Connect.

A heads up: The current version of the App is a complete rewrite. There
are a couple of serious bugs we are working on fixing. Unfortunately,
due to Apple's policies, it will take 2 to 3 weeks for Apple to release
a new plugin after we have submitted it to them. We are trying to
establish a way to test changes to the app more quickly so we can
"shoot" existing and newly discovered bugs in a much more efficient way.

Clyde

On 4/25/2015 12:52 PM, Robert Acosta wrote:

John, I am copying Clyde Foley here. There is a new application of Talking
Communities. Perhaps Clyde can explain it further to both of us. Micheele
and Sherry had difficulties using the app. This is why I asked you to talk
about it. Michelle saw a password and there is no moderator status on the
new app for example.
Clyde will add to their concerns I hope. Bob