[accesscomp] Re: Assistance with android accessibility please.

  • From: Julie MELTON <jewelsong21@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 19:54:23 -0700

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll check into them.

-----Original Message----- From: Greg Wocher Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2014 9:46 AM To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [accesscomp] Re: Assistance with android accessibility please.
Hello,
A good place to find info is this blog:
http://accessibleandroid.wordpress.com/
It has a list of some of the most common accessible apps as well as links to other information. As for Mobile Accessibility goes it is not as good as Talkback is. I would not even bother with it. There is also the eyes-free email list that you can subscribe to to ask questions. I am not sure of the subscription information but it should be easily found by googling for it.

Greg Wocher
1/31/2014 6:49 PM, frank perry wrote:
Hello all.

I'm trying to assist a totally blind person with a galaxy 3 phone please.

Does anyone know of anything which has been written about using the
talkback screen reader in relation to how a totally blind person would
use this screen reader.

Also could somebody please tell me if mobile accessibility from code
factory still exists, and if so is this reader more accessible than
talkback.

The phone has the latest android o s installed, and I am interested in
any manuals explaining to a totally blind person how to use the phone
with either of the above screen readers I have mentioned.

All help is sincerely appreciated in advance.

Please reply to frankperry2011@xxxxxxxxx

Cheers.