[accessbangla] Cabinet circular regarding use of Bangla Unicode

  • From: Vashkar Bhattacharjee <vashkar79@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessbangla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:49:36 +0600

Dear all,

It is our pleasure to inform you that there is a cabinet division circular
regarding the use of Bangla Unicode text in the computer in each
ministry/divisions and department of the government. All the documents should
be written in Unicode 6.0 so that the documents will be accessible to the
visually impaired persons. I feel very glad to announce that we, along with our
Indian colleagues, have developed a Espeak Bangla TTS which can be used with
NVDA screen reading software http://nvda.en.softonic.com/ . We highly
appreciate the step taken by the government for the betterment of the persons
with disability and humbly request all the government, non government and
private organizations to follow the cabinet division circular as soon as
possible.  The link to download the circular is given below.  By ensuring
Unicode text the visually impaired students can read and write Bangla like
others. Here I would like to request all the print and electronic media to
circulate the information widely so that visually impaired people can be
benefited by the software for accessing information. This cabinet division
circular regarding the use of Bangla Unicode is also ensuring and increasing
the web accessibility of the visually impaired persons.

http://cabinet.portal.gov.bd/sites/default/files/files/cabinet.portal.gov.bd/notification_circular/3f2aa2c7_2f3d_4f38_a94b_d817d951108d/bn_357%20Copy.pdf

Sincerely yours,

Vashkar Bhattacharjee