[access-uk] Re: window-eyes 5.5 beta

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 12:25:17 +0100

Brian Hartgen is right in stating that Window-Eyes 5.5 public beta 1 is a very
impressive upgrade.  It can be downloaded at:

www.gwmicro.com/beta

You must be running version 5 of Window-Eyes - paid for or demo - to install it.

Amongst the new features are total support of MS Excel, quite mind bodling in
what they are claiming;  Firefox browser, though you have to download the beta
'dear park' version of this for it to work properly and Mozzila are still
working bugs out of the system.  (A link to the download is given in the Beta
'Readme' file.

Also, support for Sonar 4 and 5 - the latter only just, or soon to be released.
 A few other programs I cannot recall just now too.

Also, Window-Eyes can now be minimized to the system tray.  The menu system and
verbosity dialogues have been redesigned so that there are now three levels of
menu available for novice, intermediate and advanced users.

Also, some annoyances with Outlook Distress, Eudora and other bits and pieces
tidied up.

Bad news:  no support in this release for PowerPoint.  Doug is apologetic for
this and is likely to become even more 'The Quiet Man' of access computing from
now on.  It is very high on their list for the next upgrade, and specs having
been drawn up coding proceeds apace, we are told.

HTH.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx