[access-uk] Re: where is the outlook attached file stored?

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:32:46 -0000

Hi David,

It's not as bad as it sounds.

Go in to My Computer.  Select Tools, then Folder Options.

Now navigate to the "View" tab.  Tab down to the Advanced
Settings section, where there is a list of Check Boxed and
Radio Button items.  Go down about 7 or 8 items to "Hidden
Files and Folders", and below that select the "Show hidden
files and folders" radio button.

While you are at it, you might want to go one down, and
uncheck "Hide extensions for known files types".

WARNING:  Unhiding Folders and files like this reveals a
great deal that may surprise you.  Do not risk messing with
what you find unless you are 110% certain you know what the
consequences might be.

Oh!  And when you do start bombarding the list with
questions about hidden files, remember - I'm probably busy
that weekend!  (Smile)

George.

file stored?

<000601c506e8$a402bf70$398a6851@pc1yrrckd1r65r>,
> Mark Matthews <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >Hi David.
> >
> >I've got a feeling this is because by default, the local
settings
> >sub-folder in the route directory of your profile is
hidden.