[access-uk] using a mobile phone with msn or skype

  • From: terry cooper <terrycooper94@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:13:49 -0000

Hi all

Does anyone know of any software that I can install on the pc and my N82, that
will allow me to use my phone as an extension of my pc?  Basically, I'd like to
be able to use my phones camera as a webcam instead of the webcam built into my
pc, and also be able to hear and send audio from the phone, instead of the
microphone on the pc.

I downloaded some software that works with msn on the pc, which allows me to
take my phone around the house, and the other person I'm connected to on msn
can see whatever I'm pointing the camera at.  That works really well, but I
would also like to have audio as well as webcam.

I connected the phone to the pc using wireless, so no charges there.

This facility could have fantastic uses for blind people, and would be like
having a pair of eyes in the house.  The uses are endless, but I specifically
want it to be able to take a portable eyes and ears and mic into my garage, so
that someone on msn can help me out with what I'm doing in there.

I've also looked at wireless webcams, and will buy one if I can't get audio on
my phone.

Any suggestions welcome.

Terry