[access-uk] strange windoes sound problem

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 20:58:03 +0100

Hi list:

I know the general test to see if you have a multi channel soundcard is to put
some music on and then try doing something else that involves sound, like use
your screen reader.  so when i found i wasn't getting any windows sounds, such
as a chime when email came in, I took a look and got the following message.
windows can't play x sound, where x sound is the sound being played, because
the soundcard is in use.  Why then can i play music and use jaws at the same
time?  surely the process is the same for playing windows sounds with jaws
running?  Any ideas how to fix this?  thanks.

Hope to hear from you soon.

from Martin.

Please email me at:

m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx