[access-uk] save in with vista

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:52:39 +0100

Hi all.

While generally Vista has behaved reasonably well with my new laptop once the
usual junkware has been removed, I do still have a couple of questions.

When saving a download I can't seem to find a save in box so I can choose where
I want to put the download.  the download does go in a reasonably sensible
place of the documents directory but I want to put it in a directory of my
choice.  I know there is a browse folders button on the toolbar but is this now
the only way of getting to the save in box?  If so, this is more fiddly and I
really can't understand why Microsoft felt the need to fix something that was
not broken anyway!  Is this issue resolved by any chance in Vista SP1?

Regards

Graham
Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493