[access-uk] problem with Brailliant Braille Display

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:01:14 +0100

Hi All

I'm having a bit of strange behaviour with my brailliant 24 braille display.
It used to just power itself on when I turned on my computer and it was
connected to the USB port, and it would display the data from JAWS as soon as
that started.  Now, however, even though I get a "charging" indication on the
displaywhich suggests the power is reaching it from the USB, it doesn't power
itself on, and even when manually powered on, the only way I can get JAWS to
see the display and use it is to disconnect it from the USB, wait a few
seconds, reconnect and restart JAWS.  Incidentally, I don't see the JAWS "could
not load braille driver" error, even when no text is presented on the display
after starting JAWS. Once JAWS sees the display properly everything works fine.

Any thoughts?

James