[access-uk] need help setting up windows on brand new windows vista desk top

  • From: "Martin Houghton" <martinhoughton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:50:02 -0000

hello everyone

I wonder if someone could help me with this one.  I have just got a new desk
top P.C and I am having the following problem.  Fist of all when I start up, I
need to go through the windows set up procedure.  I have tried to get nerater
going by using the key combinations that people have sugested on this list in
the past.  I have tried windows plus u and alt and N with no luck.  When iI
first started the machine, I was able to start nerater just by using the key
combination windows plus u but now I can't even get nerater to speak at all.  I
don't have anyone around with sight at the moment, but my dad who came
yesterday to help me set it up said that the set up information was on the
screan with promps to select various options like next and licence agreement
but whatwever I do, I can't get any further.  Could someone sugest other things
I can try like keystrokes that I might have thought of to get the next stage?
Many thanks

`    Martin