[access-uk] Re: looking for best device

  • From: Hazel Darvell <witch.hazel66@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 10:26:03 +0100

So much to look into before buying these things so the more choice the better.

Many thanks
Hazel
On 16/05/2013 10:22, Aedan O'Meara wrote:
Hi hazel,
I suggest the Ipod nano 3g or better. This is audible compatible and has
built-in speech for all functions. I have the 16g version for several years
now and using a rubber jacket on it and cutting out tiny notches at the 4
points of the compass to guide me on the circular control I have mo problem
using it. I did have trouble with the rubber sleeve sliding off the unit but
recently I got my wife to put a drop of Super glue on the back of it under
the rubber and bingo! It doesn't move any more!
The audible books on this device are fully supported in that you can move
through a book by chapter, etc and of course it always returns you to where
you left off last time.
Regards
Aedan.