[access-uk] Re: kurz=weil 1000 and uk dictionary

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 13:56:53 +0100

Hi Graham Peter and all,

here is the message I was sent by Nick Dodson from the support team for
K1000.

"These are some notes from Stephen pertaining to Spell Check in Word issues
pertaining to materials from K1000.  Mayhaps it will get you going in an
appropriate direction, even thought it doesn't necessarily directly address
your question...

W. Nick Dotson

"  To Spell check documents that have been created in Kurzweil  1000 and
saved in Word 6.0-7.0 format, you should follow these  steps.

1. Highlight the document with CONTROL+A. Not ALT+A as you  specified in
your message.

2. Go to Tools and select Language by pressing ALT+T followed by  L for
Language.

3. Select "Select Language" from the sub menu.

4. Select the desired language from the resulting list. Let's use
"English/United States" for this example.You can get there by  pressing the
letter E 9 times
or so.

4. Press ENTER to confirm the selection.

5. Unselect the document by using LEFT ARROW. and then press  F7 for Spell
Check.

The spell checker will start no problem. (All being well) and you  can carry
on as if you were spell checking a Word document."

Please note however, that the above quoted text does not exactly tell you
whether you can make the change permanent for all K1000 documents you wish
to spell check using the English UK dictionary, and I have asked Nick how
this is done but he is not sure, and has accepted my offer to undertake some
tests on that.  So if anyone else using K1000 can help me with setting all
K1000 scanned documents that have been opened in word, to use the English UK
dictionary for spell checking I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Alexander Shannon