[access-uk] Re: kindle books on pc

  • From: Doris &Hubby Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 03:43:52 -0400

you need to get the accessible version of kimble for pc. I do not know from where to get it as it is not available in my country.

from what I understand, if the book;s auther/publisher agreed to let the book use tts, the kimble app is self-voicing for the actual, i.e. will read it with synthetic speech. if this is not an option, you may want to check out calibre text converter, which may also be able to convert kimble books.

hth

Doris

At 03:28 AM 8/16/2014, you wrote:
Hi

I got two books from amazon kindle last night, how can I
read the books on my pc, obviously I cannot use an actual
kindle. I have installed the kindle for pc program, I am
using nvda and the actual text is not being read out.

Regards

Adrien

I use BullGuard to keep my computer clean.
Try BullGuard for free: www.bullguard.com