[access-uk] keyboard and speech advice please

  • From: "Hazel & Kim Darvell" <darvell1181@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access u k" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:16:50 -0000

Hello all
I now have my first laptop and without going into any sob story on my health
issues  all I will say is that I am unable to use all my fingers therefore have
a need to tactile more than usual keys, on our desctop we use small bump on's
but a friend told me that using these on the laptop keys might damage the
screen, I don't like velcro but rather than damage would have to use this so
does anyone else use these bumps or what else could I use?
My  second question is about the real speak voices.
I use Jaws with  the   Eloquence voice but when I have tried real speak it will
not announce the capital  letters which I like , any help on either of these
would be good.
Thanks
Hazel