[access-uk] iTunes Help for a Friend

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:23:00 +0100

Hi all, has anyone experienced a problem whereby if you click on a link pointing to an MP3 file, iTunes opens instead of prompting you to download the file? This is what's happening on my friend's XP laptop. I don't know much about the specs I'm afraid, nor do I know stuff like IE version, however I do know that she never had this problem before until she installed iTunes 8. She told it not to be the default player during installation, but it's still opening and playing the MP3 file. Unfortunately I can't duplicate this here on my Vista laptop with iTunes 8 and IE8 Beta 2, so thought I'd ask here on this list. All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

--
Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx