[access-uk] Re: hard drives: fat32 or NTFS

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:45:08 -0000

I'd suggest leaving Compression alone unless you become
seriously pushed for space.  In sort of simple terms, it's
rather like having every file zipped.  The system will
automatically unzip (or decompress) but with a noticable
time delay.

George.

emma
> Sent: 22 March 2005 15:22
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: hard drives: fat32 or NTFS
>
> hi george, one last question. in the format dialogue box,
> there's an option which says, enable compression. should i

> check this? or leave it unchecked?
> kevin - co-owner/moderator of the blind gamers discussion
list.
> email/msn: kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx

not

> > too reformat to NTFS!!"
> > kevin - co-owner/moderator of the blind gamers
discussion
> list.
> > email/msn: kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx

drive.
> > > noticed though it's formatted as fat32. should i
> reformat
> > it
> > > to NTFS? my main hard drive on this pc is ntfs. i'm
> using
> > winXP home.
> > > kevin - co-owner/moderator of the blind gamers
> discussion
> > list.
> > > email/msn: kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >

> > > ** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following
> > link:-
> > > **

> > > ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> > > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > ** and in the Subject line type
> > > ** unsubscribe
> > > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
click
[mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> > > ** or send a message, to
> > > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
> faq
> > >

> > This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
> Groupshield.
> > ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following
> link:-
> > **

> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click
on
> the
> > ** immediately-following link:-
> > ** or send a message, to
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq

> > ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following
> link:-
> > **

> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click
on
> the
> > ** immediately-following link:-
> > ** or send a message, to
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq

> This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.
link:-
> **
the