[access-uk] export problem, address book.

  • From: "goshawk" <dj.goshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tvi-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:14:24 -0000

hello list,
I am having a problem, when trying to export my address book to another
machine.
in my address book, I now have quite a few sub groups, some related to
committees I am on, so that rather than having to go through the whole address
book when I want to send everyone on a particular committee an e-mail, I can
just go in to the list of contacts for that committee, and send them all a
message.
however, when I try to export my address book to another machine, the sub
groups don't seem to show up on the other machine, only the main address book.
as far as I can tell, the sub groups are all there in the file I create to
import on to the other machine, but when I actually import the address book,
the sub groups don't seem to be there, and a friend of mine has also had this
problem.
does anyone know of a way to actually export the whole address book, sub groups
and all, so that everything shows up on the machine to which it is imported?
or is it the import process that is causing the problem?

Simon Wilkes,
e-mail or windows messenger,
dj.goshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
skype,