[access-uk] comp0uter upgrade (was BBC news web access problem)

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:15:31 +0100

Hi Wendy
You said

"I have JAWS 6, and I obviously have the right things installed,
 as the links  you gave work well."

I am having my whole  set-up upgraded next week by Sight & Sound.
So hopefully things will work better!

It's very  exciting, I have been without a scanner for about 2 years
I used to use one called  "OSCAR"  which was Dos  based.
 However the computer I  was using broke down and a repair wasn't possible
due to the age onf the  machine. And the old scanner won't
connect  to the  new  computers.

So I am  now to have KURZWEIL 1000
using windows xp laptop  and Jaws9

Regards,  Derek