[access-uk] Re: can I get Text Pal to open doc files automatically

  • From: "barrie moxon" <s.moxon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:45:22 -0000

hi Douglas.
thanks I have now sorted it out.
Barrie.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 4:48 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: can I get Text Pal to open doc files automatically

Barrie,
On this system, just using the Open dialogue will open Doc, pdf, rtf, etc.
justas if they were
text files.
There is also an "open without conversion" in the file menu, but I presume
that in the case
of a Doc file that would give all the background codes as well as the text.

Are you using the latest version (3.2)?  There is now quite a helpful
Tutorial accessible from
the Help menu.

Hope that helps,

Douglas