[access-uk] Re: broadband filters?cable set up & phone line/ADSL line?

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:33:54 +0100

I understand now Barry.  Seems the set up for telephone line and ADSL is
very different from cable set up.

We have both broadband and cable TV coming from the main exchange.  if I've
got this right, my TV digibox is connected at the front of the house and the
cable leads into the ground somewhere.  the connection to my broadband?
well, the cable from the modem leads into my bedroom wall (at the back of
the house) in a connection point.  Now I remember that there is a lot of
cable wound round the house, from my bedroom wall -outside, to the front of
the house going to the connection point where the tV is joined.  i think
that is the case anyway.  Confusing! I know! <sigh>.   I don't think there
is any splitter, well, probably not needed for cable.

I get the feeling when you get your BT line that, you get an extra ADSL one?
or is the line given a dual telephone and ADSL?

Justin