[access-uk] Re: bootable cd for xp home sp2

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:19:35 -0000

Hi Terry,

Somehow or another, you will have to get access to your
laptop's BIOS, and ensure that the CD is first in the boot
sequence.  That way, with the XP CD in the drive, it will
look at the CD first when you boot up.  You will then have
an option to re-format the drive before proceeding with the
Windows install.

It's not usually a tricky job for someone sighted, but
hopeless without speech.

George.