[access-uk] Re: boot up problem

  • From: "Darren Brewer" <darren.m.brewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:02:00 -0000

Hi

Taking the battery out and measuring it wouldn't give you a true indication of
its capacity as it needs to be in circuit as once a battery has no load on it
the voltage goes up slightly.

As the batteries on motherboards are just the button type it would be far
better to just take it out and get a replacement. Unfortunately there are
certain motherboards where the battery is soldered  on and that requires
someone who knows what they are doing to replace it.

I have the feeling it might not be the battery as you say it resets by itself.
This sounds more like a power supply on it's way out. The voltage is possibly
fluctuating and causing the computer to become unstable and thus resetting....
A new power supply costs less than £20 and is very easy to fit.

Darren - The Brummy Woodworker