[access-uk] Re: access-uk] Re: Portset Media Centre

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:41:59 +0100

Hi,

Yes, I am in a bit of a quandry with this one, as I don't mind paying
the TV license, but there must have been reasons as to why we don't have
video out on this unit other than this.

Andrew.

From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I spoke to the person on Tuesday and surmised:

1.  Sound only.  The recorder would record the sound only, not the
picture, thus more space available.
2.  DVD player is not yet enabled, though this would be a software
upgrade.  The very reason it wasn't available is because there is no
screen, and thus no way of interacting with any menu systems on the DVD
if they don't speak.
3.  There is no RF output on the unit, there is also no Skart plugs.  It
simply cannot connect to a TV at this time.

Thanks.
Andrew.

From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>