[access-uk] Re: Your suggestions re a problem with hard drive power supply

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 18:35:25 +0100

Hi James.

OK, firstly try the third option, but *make absolutely sure* that the power supply is exactly the same as the original in terms of specification. If that doesn't work, it could be the drive enclosure itself which is the problem. I'd try option 2, drive enclosures are relatively cheap on EBay and its probably just a standard 3.5 inch SATA or IDE drive depending on how much you paid, you'll have to find this out. Bare in mine though that opening the WD case could void your guarantee if something you do upsets the hard drive itself.

Good luck to you.

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Scholes" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>