[access-uk] Wireless router via phone line?

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:32:59 +0000

Hi all,
I know we could upgrade to broadband, but due to the fact we hardly use the phone, only for dial up internet access, which is at a fixed rate per month, can anyone give me any pointers on where I can read up on how wireless routers via a phone line work? I suppose I could look on Google, but the websites that may come up won't be necessarily accessible. The reason why I'm asking is that at the moment my family can't share the same internet connection as me, so in order for them to get on I have to get off, which means I have to then pay for internet usage via GPRS, which is ok, but of course is a hassle if you don't really need to do that.
Thanks in advance.