[access-uk] Re: Winzip 16

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:54:02 +0100

To change from using the ribbon, go into Configuration in Options. when in the View page, back tab until you reach "start Winzip with legacy menus/toolbar" and check it.

Iain
-----Original Message----- From: Adrien Collins
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 1:51 PM
To: 'access uk'
Subject: [access-uk] Winzip 16

Hi

I have just installed winzip 15.9 on my new laptop, it
installed ok, I put in the license name and activation code
and it came back with a message saying that winzip couldn't
save the registration information on my hard drive, I
installed a different version on this netbook with a license
key etc, it was an update, I had the same message when I put
in the activation details. I wrote to winzip support and
told them the problem, they explained to me that one
activation code only works with the version it is supplied
with. They told me to remove winzip from my pc's, download
winzip 16.0 I did just that, I installed it on this pc, it
worked ok but on my new laptop I still had the message
saying that winzip couldn't save the registration
information on my hard drive. I explained that I am using a
screenreader and cannot seem to access the registration info
to find out whether or not the software is registered. They
seem to be totally ignoring the fact that I am using the
screenreader. I notice that winzip 16 and above seems to use
the ribbon, how can I get around this and are these big
companies normally as ignorant as this.

Regards

Adrien