[access-uk] Re: Windows Running in Safe Mode

  • From: "Darren Brewer" <darren.m.brewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 11:39:16 +0100

Hi Darren

It sounds like there is a problem with the windows installer, either it is not running or the installation has been corrupted. You can check to see if it is running by doing the following:

In the run box type services.msc and tab to the list of services.
cursor down and near the end of the list should be the Windows Installer service. If it is set to disabled then you need to use the applications key to alter its properties. In the properties dialog box tab to start up type and change it to either automatic or manual. Mine is set to manual.

If you don't find the windows installer service in the list then you could try going to Microsoft update and installing it from there. Obviously without this service you are unable to install applications so it has to be running.

Hope this helps
Darren.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>