[access-uk] Re: Windows Live Essentials

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 10:39:38 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Valerie,

The conversations button being unavailable is strange, but there have been
quite
a few bugs reported for this version. Other suggestions:
1. If you start to uninstall live essentials, there's an option to repair.
2. You could go back to 2009 and wait to the bugs are sorted out. You could do
system restore which is the easiest way, or alternatively uninstall and then
reinstall from this website:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-xp
Note that although it says for xp, this version works in vista and 7. The page
contains a combo box for the language, and the download now link only appears
after the combo box has been set. The following page discusses going back to
2009 (although it's adressing a different bug):
http://www.windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=c54bfca2-5aa0-4a94-b556-d8b13f40aa2d

David.