[access-uk] WinZip Version 10.0 Beta now available.

  • From: chairman@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:45:14 +0100

http://www.winzip.com

       WinZip 10.0 Beta Page
      New in WinZip 10.0 Beta
        Two Versions Standard and Professional. Both versions are made
available
        in one distribution file. Functionality is determined by either a
        Standard or Professional registration code
        Explorer style view Navigate your Zip files in the familiar
        Explorer-style view, making it much easier to work with large,
        multi-folder archives
        Improved compression Significantly reduce the size
        of your Zip files with two new compression methods which can
provide
        greater compression
        WinZip Job Wizard Automate your repetitive tasks in WinZip 10.0 Pro
and
        easily backup data sets, archive important documents, or distribute
        information to others. You can even move your valuable data off
site by
        using the included FTP functionality
        Zip to CD One step Zip file creation and CD burning in WinZip 10.0
        Professional
      For additional information regarding WinZip 10.0 Beta, please refer
      What's New in WinZip 10.0 Beta.
      About Beta Test Software
      It is important to understand that beta test software may not be
fully
      debugged and should not be used in a production environment. We, like
      other software vendors, post beta versions of our software to give
      existing customers a chance to try the new features, comment on them,
and
      report any problems. If you are not familiar with WinZip, or you are
not
      comfortable using Zip files, then we recommend that you not download
this
      beta version.
      On the other hand, if you are interested in trying new software and
are
      willing to report any problems, we encourage you to give this beta
version
      a try. If you experience any difficulties, we would appreciate it if
you
      would report them to us by sending e-mail to beta@xxxxxxxxxxx
      Feedback
      Comments about this beta release are welcome. The best way to send
      feedback is by using the WinZip 10.0 Beta Release Feedback Form. You
can
      also send e-mail to beta@xxxxxxxxxxx Please mention which build you
are
      using, which operating system you are using (example: Windows XP),
and, if
      you encounter a problem, the complete text of any error messages.
Please
      do not post beta feedback in newsgroups, else it may never be seen by
the
      developers.
      License
      Use of this software is governed by the WinZip 10.0 Beta License
Agreement.
      Note: WinZip 10.0, when it is released, will not be a free upgrade.
If you
      are a registered user of a previous version of WinZip and install
WinZip
      10.0, WinZip 10.0 will not be a registered version. If you have a
      multi-user license and you wish to try WinZip 10.0, make sure you
save a
      backup copy of your current WinZip before installing WinZip 10.0, so
you
      can go back to your previous registered version of WinZip, if you so
      desire. You do not need to uninstall your prior, registered version
of
      WinZip. You can install this version of WinZip to the same location
as a
      previously installed copy of WinZip.
      Once released, the Standard version of WinZip 10.0 will cost $29.95,
      WinZip 10.0 Pro will be $49.95. Existing registered single-users will
be
      able to upgrade to WinZip 10.0 Standard for only $14.95 and to WinZip
10.0
      Pro for only $24.95. Proof of purchase will be required. Attractive
      multi-user license pricing is available.

      Download WinZip 10.0 Beta
            Please enter your e-mail address below, so that we can add you
            the WinZip Beta News mailing list. Note that this is optional;
you
            are not required to give us this information in order to
download
            the beta. If you enter your e-mail address below, you will
receive a
            message asking you to confirm that you wish to be added to the
            mailing list. We do not share e-mail addresses with any third
            parties.
                  Your E-mail Address (optional):

                  Note: Upon confirming your email address, we will send
you a
                  complimentary registration code to use during the beta
test
                  phase of WinZip 10.0. This registration code will not
work for
                  the final release of WinZip 10.0.

              (5,281,408 bytes, 5.04 MB)

            Note: run the distribution file (wz100beta.exe) to install the
            software.

      Support and Questions
      If you have questions or comments, please visit the WinZip Beta
Release
      Feedback Form.

      Copyright© 2005 WinZip International LLC.  WinZip is a registered
      trademark of WinZip International LLC.
All the best

from:

Colin R. Howard.