[access-uk] Re: What is happening here?

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:51:42 +0100

Welcome to the newly moved access-uk list.  NOTE:  Leaving instructions, etc.,
are at the very end of this message.

Hi Andrew,

Due to the furore over the initial move, when scores of complaints came
in from people who were suddenly receiving the new list mail, I believe
the membership list was wiped.

The bottom line is that late on Friday the list owner finally managed to
get myself and his original Yahoogroups co-moderator set up with
Moderator rights on freelists.

I've spent a significant amount of time this weekend setting various
things up in readiness for what hopefully will be a more organised
transfer, plus testing out various administrative things.

I believe things are pretty much on track, with just a couple of issues
outstanding.  Hopefully once I get a chance to speak to the other two
guys early this week, we may be able to make some kind of an
announcement.

I can only apologise to all concerned, and ask people to be patient just
a few days longer.

George.