[access-uk] Wayfinder Access now available

  • From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:19:37 +0100

I see from the Wayfinder website that you can now buy the new accessible
Wayfinder Access product
http://www.wayfinder.com/products/wayfinder_access.en.php?link_id=submenu_static

But I haven't yet come across a downloadable demo. Is there one available? I'm
not going to shell out 400 euro on a gizmo that I can't test out first.

Has anyone tried out Wayfinder Access yet? If so, any feedback much
appreciated.

For those who don't know, it's a piece of GPS mapping and direction-finding
software that you download onto your mobile. This latest version of the product
has been enhanced for visually impaired people using text to speech products
and is said to be much more accessible than ever before. You will also need a
BlueTooth GPS receiver approx 70 pounds. And the mobile phone you use must have
data connection, i.e. either GPRS or 3G.

...Damon