[access-uk] Re: Watch out, I *nearly* got caught by this one.

  • From: "Barry" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:11:15 -0000

I don't know why but it's useful to know that most dodgie emails have spelling or grammar errors. This one has *resposible*. I wonder if it is an unofficial code of practice for the scum-bags who send them out?

Barry H

----- Original Message ----- From: <chairman@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Trend Micro Newsletters Editor" <editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 05:12:06 -0800

Dear Trend Micro customer,

As of March 1, 2005, 3:43 AM (GMT - 08:00), TrendLabs has declared a Medium
Risk Virus Alert to control the spread

of WORM_BAGLE.BE. TrendLabs has received numerous infection reports
indicating that this malware is spreading in

New Zealand and  Australia.

Initial analysis shows that this worm drops a copy of itself as
WINDLHHL.EXE in the Windows system folder upon
execution. It then mass-mails copies of TROJ_BAGLE.BE, which is resposible
for downloading WORM_BAGLE.BE. The email that it sends out has the
following details:

Subject: <blank>

Message Body: price

TrendLabs will be releasing the following EPS deliverables:

TMCM Outbreak Prevention Policy 153
Official Pattern Release 2.456.00
Damage Cleanup Template 544

For more information on WORM_BAGLE.BE, you can visit our Web site at:
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_BAGLE.BE

You can modify subscription settings for Trend Micro newsletters at:

----------------------------------------------o0o----
IMPORTANT NOTE!
TrendLabs will also be releasing a 3-digit pattern file 990 that
corresponds with the pattern indicated in this email. This 3-digit pattern
is a special release for users running non-NPF compliant products (i.e.,
old 3-digit pattern format) and is designed to provide protection against
the most current malware threats. Users running non-NPF compliant products
are still urged to apply the NPF solution

<http://www.trendmicro.com/en/support/npf/overview.htm>. These users may
also upgrade to the latest product  version. Only NPF-compliant products
will be able to update with regular pattern releases.

http://trendnewsletter.rsc03.net/servlet/website/PersonalizedForm?mgLEwkLMLkLgJL9LgmLk.40hktELtHpsEJhspgFqptiRDKLthgDJhDNrEhE3vyf_87.3de.26_8.26

To view our permission marketing policy: http://www.rsvp0.net Copyright 1989-2004 Trend Micro, Inc. All rights reserved Trend Micro, Inc., 10101 N. De Anza Blvd., Suite 200, Cupertino, CA 95014

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 266.5.2 - Release Date: 28/02/2005

All the best

from:

Colin R. Howard.