[access-uk] Re: W7 and OE

  • From: Jim McAuslan <jim.mcauslan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 19:46:10 +0000

Hi Kevin,

I am used to Mozilla Thunderbird and I don't find it difficult to use as you implied. I'm merely expressing a preference. Perhaps if you cast your mind back a few months there was an extensive thread about this subject.
Jim
On 24/03/2013 19:38, Kevin Cussick wrote:
Hello,

I would think someone has already said this but you can't put any version of outlook express on window's vista window's7 or window's8. You can put a hack for win mail I think it was called but it used to break you getting any updates I would not do this just get used to thunderbird it is not that hard.

On 24/03/2013 00:22, Thomas wrote:
Oh, sorry, then.
My impression was that you were having problems with Thunderbird, the
client I am using right now.
In that case--the one with outlook express-- I can't help you.

Just for the sake of interest, which screen reader are you using? I
found that when I was using Jaws, Thunderbird was... irritating. But
with NVDA, it is awesome. That's not to say you should switch screen
readers just for the sake of an email client.
On 24/03/2013 9:39, Jim McAuslan wrote:
Hi Tom,

I need help to find the steps to get OE working under W7.  As I said
in my post, I had to reinstall the system on my pc thus losing all my
saved posts on this topic.
Jim McAuslanOn 23/03/2013 22:27, Thomas wrote:
You haven't specified what you need help with
On 24/03/2013 9:00, Jim McAuslan wrote:
Hi List,

a while ago there was quite an extensive thread re getting Outlook
Express to work under W7.  I saved all the posts in a sub folder but
I had a problem
with my pc and I had to recover the system, so I lost all my saved
posts.
I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird which is good but not as easy to use
as OE.

Can any body on the list help me out here?
Jim McAuslan

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm
not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

This email has been scanned by iomartcloud.
http://www.iomartcloud.com <%5C%22http://www.iomartcloud.com%5C%22>