[access-uk] Re: Voice mail with T-Mobile

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:42:58 +0100

This is taken from the FileSaveAs website. They sugest a few things to try, I would dial 222 to see if it sets up your phone for you which is what I did a few years ago when I was a T-mobile customer. Taken from

FileSaveAs:

Voicemail retrieval number:

Many network operators have a single number (such as 901 or 123) to get to voicemail. With T-Mobile it's not so simple. We understand that the retrieval
number seems to be in the format:
+44062 (then mobile number without the first zero). We've also heard of the prefixes +44064 and+44065 being used.

Two other useful snippets:
List of 2 items
? Dial 222 to get your voicemail information sent to your phone
? Dialling *#67# should tell you what your voicemail divert number is

And finally, the link to the page is:
http://www.filesaveas.com/tmobile.html

At 22:34 11/08/2008, you wrote:
Hi all -

I've just gone on to a sim only contract with T-Mobile[before I was on pay
as you go also with T-Mobile] and I've just swapped the sim from my N91 to
my N82. I've now got the N82 working the way I want it, but when I tried to
set up call divert for when busy or call not answered, and I selected the
option to divert to mail box, I was placed in a text screen to enter the
mail box number, or had the option to search for it; selecting the search
option just put me in to my contacts list, and as I didn't want to divert to
any contacts, I backed out of there. So, How do I get a t-mobile voice mail
box number? I'm sure I didn't ring them for one when just on pay as you go,
and that there must be a way of setting it up from the phone?

Thanks -

Andy