[access-uk] Viapost mail delivery system (Tiny URL link)

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:22:54 +0100

This re-post down to another message from my ISP saying a message
hasn't been delivered.  Assume I'm not being plagued by some nasty
bogie, but if this has appeared before, then apologies.  Any comments
on undeliverable messages welcomed, and here's the original again.

Hope some might be interested in this, or are we all just sticking AFB
labels on Envelopes?  (Only joking.)

Seems like, if you haven't any envelopes and you don't want to go out
to buy stamps or to post your letter, this is one way of doing things
if email's not an option.

Seems the idea isn't by any means a new one, according to a bloke
interviewed on You and Yours today.  You can hear that feature of
course via the You and Yours website.

Here's a bit from an article at:
Tiny URL
http://tinyurl.com/2chdke
Full URL:
http://techdigest.tv/2007/09/viaposts_big_id.htm
Where there's also a link to the Viapost website.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

Oh, hang on...

Okay, so it's tempting to snort at ViaPost, a UK startup that's
seemingly reinventing the e-wheel with its promises to 'post' mail
over the internet using (in their words) 'Post-over-Internet
Protocol'.

It makes more sense when you dig a bit deeper though. In short, you
download an application which, when you hit the 'Print' button,
electronically sends your document to a printing house near the
recipient, where it's printed and then delivered by a Postman 1.0.

Click here to find out more!
<http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/click;h=v8/35c5/0/0/%2a/e;44306;0-0;0;17
358711;4252-336/280;0/0/0;;%7Eaopt=2/0/ff/0;%7Esscs=%3f>

No, it's not just a new way to send letters to your computer-loathing
nan without having to pick up a pen. The real target is businesses,
sending important business documents to key business contacts in a
suitably business-like way. Contracts, for example, although founder
Ben Way says utility bills are an obvious fit.