[access-uk] Re: USB Record Decks

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:49:21 +0100

I seem to remember a unit which was based on a small ITT Turntable made by Ion
which was sold by Maplin  among others.  The problem is that I heard from a
number of JAWS users, at that time it appeared that when connnected to a
Windows system it would disable the primary soundcard leaving a screenreader
user without speech.  I am not 100 percent certain of this but it is what I
remember.  Maplin are currently selling a different USB turnable for about £99.
 I don't have info on this except here is the page you can go and have a look
for yourself.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=263993&source=1

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road