[access-uk] UNLEVEL PLAYING FIELD

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:13:06 -0000

Hi all,

Don't let anyone tell you that access technology brings equality.  Take
a look, for example, at PDAs.  For Christmas I bought my wife a Palm
Tungsten palmtop, and the first thing is, it's exactly that.  Small
enough to sit easily on the palm of your hand.  The PACmate BX, while
strictly speaking being portable, requires its own bag or, if I put it
in my rucky, I wouldn't be able to get anything else in it.  Added to
that, the Palm has more onboard memory, 64 meg, more functionality and,
perhaps most important of all is approximately one twenty-fourth of the
price of the PACmate.  It's almost enough to make me wish I could see to
use one!

Cheers now.

Ian

http://www.bbc.co.uk/