[access-uk] Re: Turning off a commuter

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 19:31:06 +0100

Well I personally have left my computer on 24/7 for years..I'm talking over 6/7 years or since whenever I got broadband internet and would pretty much agree with what was said below, although you don't have to put the computer to sleep to save damaging the screen and to save power. There are other ways. You can have a screensaver, or in my opinion better especially if you use screenreaders, you can set windows in power options in the display settings to automatically turn the monitor off after 20 minutes. Or you can simply turn the monitor off.

Either way I have been doing this for years and it has caused no problem.
Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
http://mashupradio.net
MSN/windows live messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx