[access-uk] Tool for checking hard drive

  • From: "Sunil" <bosley20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:14:45 +0100

Hi,

Can you recommend a tool which will scan my hard drive and tell me if there are
any faults with it or if there are any problems with my installed ram - and any
of my removable drives for that matter? My system was fine until last Sunday
night when all of a sudden, I just couldn't load Windows. I've lost loads of
data and had to re-install Windows and all the programs I'd installed before,
but I haven't a clue why my system went down in the first place. Hours before
it happened I'd run a check for viruses and spyware on the TrendMicro site, an
Ad-Aware and Spybot scan, none of which found any problems. I'm thinking there
could be a hardware problem somewhere but I don't know how to determine whether
thats the case or not. Everythings been running fine for four hours since I got
my system up and running again, but I'd love to pinpoint any faults (if there
are any) before everything crashes again. Someone mentioned Tech Tools to me -
I think that was it - has anyone ever used that?...cheers