[access-uk] The Reading Edge

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:25:48 +0100

Hi List.

After more than 10 years faithful service my Kurzweil Reading Edge is
starting to show signs of deterioration. I've had a look for this scanner or
its updated version and haven't been able to find anyone selling this kind
of machine.

I've found a couple of models from Robotron, the Simon and Galileo,  and one
from Portset, but not what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know where I can track down someone selling the latest Reading
Edge, if there is such a thing? Or, does anyone know if any of the present
day stand-alone scanners use Dectalk?

Thanks.

Darran