[access-uk] Thanks, USB BoomBox problem now sorted

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive.pallett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 23:47:53 -0000

Hello everyone,

Once again this list has come up trumps and brought a happy end to a very
frustrating Saturday.  Thank you to everyone who posted suggestions to get my
USB BoomBox MP3 player up and running.  Well done to Andrew Ireland for
solving the problem.  yes, it doesn't recognise flash drives using the NTFS
file format.  Fortunately my wife has a 1GB stick in the FAT32 format, so I
borrowed it and copied some music files onto it, and within seconds of me
plugging the stick into the player I heard music.  I must say the player
doesn't seem to play the files in order, even after resetting it, but at least
I have sorted the problem.  Although the player has basic functions it's quite
adequate as a portable music and audiobook player, with clear sound, plenty of
bass and high volume level without distortion.  I  am very surprised it
doesn't recognise the newer NTFS format, but with USB flash drives so cheap
now this really isn't an issue.  Just remember if you purchase one of these
players not to use an NTFS flash drive.  Having said that, FAT32 seems to be
the standard format for sticks and flash drives.  if you're not sure, check
the drive's properties.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett