[access-uk] Re: Tadi personal organizer

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:44:22 +0100

Hi Sandra,

The info on George's pages is pretty much it although I'm not sure
whether or not he actually sells it.  My understanding was that CVIP
were going to sell it.

I've had one since the summer.  It's pretty stable, I've experienced
fewer crashes and freeze-ups than I did with a Parrot.  It stuffs either
of the opposition - Parrot or voice Diary - in terms of battery life:
I'm still running on a set that I installed in early June.  As a
stand-alone device it does pretty much what it says on the tin. =20

Some frustrations and drawbacks.  The keypad is okay but not brilliantly
or instantly responsive.  Although the speech is pretty good, it's not
possible to interrupt announcements by making the next keystroke.  So,
for example, if you're cycling through your diary entries, you have to
do it at the TADI's speed instead of your own.  These are liveable with.
But there are problems with the interface kit.  My understanding is that
it doesn't work at all under XP and there are big issues with it under
W2k. =20

That's my two pennyworth.  George may have more to say. =20

Cheers now.

Ian