[access-uk] TVonics Remote Control - Excellent Telephone Support

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 23:27:32 +0100

It is almost 2 months now since I took delivery of my TVonics from RNIB. Thanks to the list, Ibrahim helped me with pointers to get it up and running but then I was not getting anything out of this wonderful machine and kept reading about everyone's experiences with it. I asked back towards the end of July for support in using it with the remote, telephone support preferably. Tonight, I had that support from Mo, a contributer to the list. When it comes to reading the manual, I just get lost but Mo was able to talk me through the functionality of each of the buttons on the remote. He took time for me to try out the function and again from time to time to recap on what we had done.

I know the list is all about supporting each other and thanak yous are accepted as done not to clutter up the list, but I just felt that after tonight's phone support with Mo, it was well worth a mention on list. It is so easy to be too shy about asking for support and even when one gets the support to pretend that one is understanding but the great thing about Mo was that I did not feel an idot, nothing was too much trouble for him.

Eleanor